Professional laundering is offered by most dry cleaners. Washable garments are professionally washed and pressed. MenÂ´s and womenÂ´s shirts are often bleached and starched according to the manufacturers label. Some of the laundering is done with very hot water which may shrink the interfacing or stiffening used in collars and cuffs.
Starching shirts and other cotton or cotton/polyester garments is common. The basic function of starch is to stiffen the garment. However, starch leaves minute crystals in the fiber that can wear out the garment faster than a garment that is not being regularly starched. The choice is appearance versus longer life.
Other commonly asked questions about Other Issues
- What is the best method for cleaning my suit?
- Where is www.MyCustomTailor.com located?
- What kind of promotions do you offer? How do I select items from these promotions?
- Do you visit USA, UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand or Europe on annual mail order trips? Do you visit my part of the world to take orders or measurements?
- Where are you located ? What is your physical address? Can I have directions to your location?
- What is My Custom TailorÂ´s stand on human rights and conservation?