Hand stitched lapels and pockets are features that go back to the days when all suits were only hand made. Back then, the outer and inner shells were constructed separately and sewn in, one into the other from the wrong side and then pulled inside out so that the right sides were out. In this sort of construction, the edges of the jacket were sewn in by hand to retain the integrity of the jacket and smooth out the edges.
This hand sewing created small ripple effects on the jacket lapels and pockets. In high-end suits, you will find this feature replicated by machine stitched tiny Â´dog tooth stitchesÂ´ on the lapels. We offer this as an optional feature in our suits and utilize the older traditional suit construction method by hand.
Click on Â´hand stitched lapels and pocketsÂ´ to see an image of this effect on the finished product.
mysqli_query($mysqli_link, "UPDATE faq set Priority=Priority+1 where ID=" . (int)$question . ";"); ?>
Other commonly asked questions about Accessories, Special Requests , Monogrammes , Optionals , Trimmings
- What is the ready-to-wear category?
- What are working buttons/functioning buttons?
- What are Rope Shoulders? Can you do Rope Shoulders on suits?
- Can I order shirts with contrast collars and cuffs? Can you make shirts with white collars and white cuffs?
- Do you make Non-Shatnez and Halacha compliant clothing?
- What material do you use for linings?
- What special requests for suits or shirts can I add to my order?
- I want corporate logo, personal logo on the garments I Order.
- Do you make removable collar stays on shirts?
- Can I order detachable collars on my shirts?
- How do I choose neckties or cuff links?
- I want half lined or fully lined pants and jackets.
- I want monograms, working sleeve buttons, and hand stitched/pick stitched lapels. Is this possible?
- What is a hand basted full canvas front?
- What monograms styles are available? How do I order them?