Yes. A Rope Shoulder is hand stitching with strong sewing thread or rope at armhole and neckline seams to make these areas more secure. The construction process for this feature dictates that the sleeves be mounted on top of the shoulder rather than in line with the shoulder. This results in the sleeves creating a "rim" on the sleeve head where it is mounted on the shoulder. This rim results in a slight lift to the shoulder line towards the end of the shoulders. Rope shoulders are the traditional method of shoulder/sleeve construction on suits and jackets.
Other commonly asked questions about Accessories, Special Requests , Monogrammes , Optionals , Trimmings
- What is the ready-to-wear category?
- What are working buttons/functioning buttons?
- Can I order shirts with contrast collars and cuffs? Can you make shirts with white collars and white cuffs?
- Do you make Non-Shatnez and Halacha compliant clothing?
- What material do you use for linings?
- What are hand stitched lapels and pockets?
- What special requests for suits or shirts can I add to my order?
- I want corporate logo, personal logo on the garments I Order.
- Do you make removable collar stays on shirts?
- Can I order detachable collars on my shirts?
- How do I choose neckties or cuff links?
- I want half lined or fully lined pants and jackets.
- I want monograms, working sleeve buttons, and hand stitched/pick stitched lapels. Is this possible?
- What is a hand basted full canvas front?
- What monograms styles are available? How do I order them?