Hand stitched lapels and pockets are features that were first introduced when all suits were only hand made. At that time the two shells, outer and inner shells, were constructed separately and sewn together. The jacket edges were sewn in by hand to retain integrity and smooth out the edges.
Hand sewing created small ripple effects on the jacket lapels and pockets which custom tailors today replicate as a style option.
In high-end suits, this is done by machine stitching tiny
Â´dog toothÂ´ stitches on the lapels.
We offer this as an optional feature in our suits and utilize the original hand sewn method.
Click on Â´hand stitched lapels and pocketsÂ´ to see the image of this effect on the finished product.
mysqli_query($mysqli_link, "UPDATE faq set Priority=Priority+1 where ID=" . (int)$question . ";"); ?>
Other commonly asked questions about Style Specific Questions
- What is the difference between inverse pleats and reverse pleats and how do they differ from standard pleats on pants?
- What are Morning Pants?
- What is a vent?
- Do you make detachable collar dress shirts?
- What is a Peak Lapel?
- What is a Notch Lapel?
- What is a button down collar?
- What is the difference between a single breasted and a double breasted jacket?
- What is a Sulptured Collar?
- What is a split back on jackets?
- What are inverted box pleats?
- What is the difference between a Notch Lapel and a Peak Lapel?
- What are Ticket Pockets?
- What is a hidden button-down collar?
- What style is best for me?
- What is button stance?
- What is a gorge?
- What is a placket covered front?
- What is a Bouttonnaire?
- What is a Mandarin Collar, a Thai Collar, and an Oiental Collar?
- Where does custom tailoring fit with traditional vs. modern styles?
- Can I order deviations from styles that I like but want slightly different?
- What are the construction specifications for your shirts?
- What is the difference between English or British cut and Italian cut menÂ´s suits?
- What is an Ainsley Collar?
- Can designer styles be replicated?
- What is the difference between a Suit Jacket, a Blazer and a Sports Jacket ?